Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing 17: Podcasts

I have not listened to podcasts that much at all. I understand how they can be helpful, though. I went to the Educational Podcast Directory and perused the offerings and still did not see anything that really piqued my interest. The foreign language podcasts were somewhat interesting. I can see the value of hearing a language you are trying to learn.

It's interesting, though: I never hear about anyone actually listening to a podcast but I do hear about people recording podcasts. Are podcasts even listened to that much? In searching for library related podcasts, I see a lot that are essentially spoken blogs. Yes, there are visually impaired individuals who could benefit from a podcast; but many podcasts seem to audible just for the sake of being audible. I say choose your words better and leave them as text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Posts that contain "library 2.0" per day for the last 90 days.

Get your own chart!